Biggest contribution to KMF: Guiding artists, songwriters, and producers to identify and develop their primary skill set.
- "Marry Me" - Jason Derulo
- "Don't Say Goodnight" - Hot Chelle Rae
- "Boom Boom" - Justice Crew
- "I'm All Yours" - Jay Sean feat. Pitbull.
- Grammy nomination: "Faith Hope y Amor" - Frankie J
Marlin Bonds, better known as Hookman, didn't get enough of Kaua'i when he first joined us two years ago. He's ready for more, and we're thrilled to have him back! This year at KMF, he said he hopes to help people take steps in the right direction to reach their goals. Focusing on the areas where we are at our absolute best, he said, is key in the competitive business of the music industry. "In the process, if I find great songwriters, producers, and artists to work with," he added, "that's icing on the cake!"
His success in songwriting comes from a love and passion that runs deep. "Creating music feels natural to me," he said, "Like flowers blooming in sunlight. It's automatic. It's natural like breathing. To me, that means God gifted me. It gives me a sense of purpose."
Hookman's advice for songwriters:
- Patience is key. In songwriting sessions it can be challenging to keep an open mind, but keep trying ideas until you find the lyric/melody that everyone can agree on.
Source: Marlin Bonds